Bob Landell, AScT, LEED® AP
Mr. Landell has experience managing successful research projects in building sciences, commissioning,
providing program evaluation, and designing millions of dollars worth of energy upgrades.
He received a Diploma of Technology (1983) in Energy Systems from Malaspina College, where he won
the college's Math/Science Scholarship (1982), and 1st Prize in the student paper competition of
the BC Chapter of ASHRAE. Mr. Landell worked, in 1982, for Public Works Canada (Vancouver) in their
now-defunct Energy Core Group. He worked for Thermaltec Energy Management (a mechanical contractor),
doing energy audits, mechanical design and installations in 1983. In 1984 he was Technical Director
of the Energy Centre Project of the Municipality of Saanich (a nine month, federally-funded project).
Since 1984 he has been consulting as Avalon Mechanical Consultants Ltd.
Mr. Landell has experience managing successful research projects in building sciences, commissioning, providing
program evaluation, and designing energy upgrades. He is an energy modeller, and a developer of a 14,000 sq.ft.
green building, who is involved with over 30 LEED Projects as a Commissioning Authority, Energy Modeler,
LEED Coordinator, or Mechanical Designer.
Mr. Landell is:
- A Senior Member of the Association of Energy Engineers,
- accredited by the US Green Building Council as a LEED® Professional,
- a charter member of the Demand Side Management Society and Association of Environmental Engineers (USA),
- a certified installer of solar systems (Canadian Solar Industries Association, 1982),
- a past President of the Vancouver Island Chapter of ASHRAE.
Mr. Landell received an award of Special Recognition from BCBC in 1991 for contributing to their
Corporate Energy Management Award (1st Place, world-wide) from the Association of Energy Engineers,
and an Award of recognition from BC Hydro in Nov, 2005 for contributions to their Power Smart Program.
He also holds a Lighting Education Certificate from the Illuminating Engineering Society.
- In November of 2005, Mr. Landell received an award of recognition from BC Hydro for contributions to their Power Smart Program.
- Spectrum Community School (winner of the ASHRAE Regional Technology Award for northwest North America in 1990).
- Ground-coupled chilled water system at the Butchart Gardens won ASHRAE Regional Technology Award in 2000.